Gunmetal Water Fittings
Learn More About It!
The A.1 Jordan range of Self Tapping Ferrule Straps, Swivel Ferrules and Flat Boss Straps can be used to connect PE, copper and threaded pipes to almost any type and size of mains pipe material from 32mm in diameter. Straps are available up to 315mm in diameter as standard with larger sizes available on request. Ferrules can be inserted directly into suitable mains pipe of any size as long as both wall section and wall strength allow.
Gunmetal Ferrule Strap
What is it, Uses, Range and certificates?
A1. Jordan straps and ferrules can be used to take service pipe connections from mains of 1” (32mm) to 12” (315mm) using ferrule outlets for PE, Copper and Male Threaded pipe in sizes from 15mm to 63mm. A1. Jordan straps are simply clamped onto the pipe needing no specialized equipment to fit so can be installed easily in wet and congested trench conditions, offering many benefits over welded systems. All fittings are WRAS listed with the exception of recent additions which may have been submitted but not yet tested.
- Gunmetal Self Tapping Ferrule Straps
- Bronze Self Tapping Ferrule Straps
- Swivel Ferrules
- Flat Boss Straps
- Available in a range of self tapping ferrule straps and flat boss straps to suit mains pipe from 32mm.
- Ferrules are available 1/2 to 2” 20mm to 63mm outlets.
- Design and selection of materials gives high strength for reliable installation and light weight for easy handling.
- Quick and efficient installation onto all common pipe materials in virtually any trench condition, wet or dry.
- Prolonged life of fitting due to the high quality corrosion resistant materials used
As with all industrial products it is important to take adequate safety precautions such as the use of adequate protective clothing like gloves, overalls, eye protection and safety footwear during installation, use and maintenance of these products.
- Pressures: Working: 16 bar Test: 24 bar
- The pressures stated above apply with water temperatures up to 20°C
Temperature: Up to 40°C
- For further information relating to operating temperatures please contact our customer service department at the telephone number shown on the back page.
- Sizes: Mains pipe: From 32mm Stems: 1/2” - 2” Outlets: Push Fit for PE - 20mm (1/2”) - 63mm (2”) Compression for PE - 20mm (1/2”) - 63mm (2”) Compression for Copper - 15mm - 54mm Female Threaded for Iron Pipe - 1/2” - 2”
- Materials: Metals: Gunmetal BS EN 1982 Grade CC491K (BS1400 LG2)
Aluminium bronze BS EN 12164 Grade CW307G
Easy Installation ( No Special Equipment)
The fitting has an integral cutter and requires only a spanner and standard ferrule key to install and carry out the drilling operation, dry or under pressure and in wet and congested trench conditions making it a viable alternative to electrofusion
The integral cutter is designed to greatly reduce the risk of fracturing PVC pipe during the drilling procedure. Its design also reduces the chance of swarf blockage whilst tapping by retaining the polyethylene/PVC slug. The cutter also provides a shut off facility once the tapping has been made
Range of Outlets
The A.1 Jordan Self Tapping Ferrule Strap can be supplied with a variety of banjo outlet types to suit Copper, Male Threaded and PE pipe (both Barrier pipe for use in contaminated land sites and conventional PE pipe.